Rochelle Booth, Enrollment Officer
Nikari Nez, Enrollment Assistant
Elias Ameelyenah, Secretary
(928) 669-1240 Phone
(928) 669-1236 Fax
The Enrollment Office is making continued efforts to update current tribal membership records. It is very important that each Tribal Member's file records are accurate and updated. Please remember to notify the Enrollment office of any changes in your address, phone number, or name change due to marriage or divorce.
If you or someone in your family is pregnant or has recently had a baby, please notify our office to begin the enrollment process. Due to the many changes being implemented in the various tribal and government programs it is very important that tribal membership be established for your newborn child to protect their right of eligibility for needed services within our government.
Each year children are born to parents who are unmarried. Like all children, those born to unmarried parents deserve to know their identity or culture. If you are not married, even though the father's name is stated on the birth certificate you must present a court document establishing paternity. It is very important to your child that the father's Indian blood be documented so that your child and they're children are eligible for future membership. You may seek assistance with the Colorado River Indian Tribes Legal Aid Department in establishing paternity through the Tribal Courts at (928) 669-1268.
Applications for Enrollment can be obtained by calling the Enrollment Department at (928) 669-1240 or in writing at the following address: Colorado River Indian Tribes, Attn: Enrollment Department, 26600 Mohave Road, Parker, AZ 85344. All questions on the application must be completed in it's entirety.
All applications are submitted to the Enrollment Committee for review on a quarterly basis. Quarterly meetings are held the last week of March, June, September, December. Special meetings are scheduled as required.
- ORIGINAL STATE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE: The applicant's certified birth certificate must be submitted to the Enrollment Office. NOTE: Hospital live birth certificates, Baptism certificates, notarized affidavits and copies of birth certificates will not be processed without the applicant's original state certified birth certificate.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS: An original social security card is required.
- MARRIAGE LICENSE: A copy of a marriage license is required if parent's were married prior to the birth of the child.
- COURT DOCUMENT OF PATERNITY: A court document establishing paternity will be required if the parent's were not legally married prior to the birth of the child.
- CERTIFICATE OF INDIAN BLOOD (CIB): A Certificate of Indian Blood is required if one of the parent's of the applicant is enrolled in a federally recognized tribe other than the Colorado River Indian Tribes. This is to ensure all Indian blood is calculated towards applicant's total Indian blood quantum.
As of this date, CRIT's total enrollment is 4,070 members.
Tribal Enrollment is responsible for all aspects of membership, from maintaining records of tribal members, enrolling new members, updating addressess and issuing membership cards, vehicle exemptions, family and ancestral research, Certifications of Indian Bloods for our tribal members. Any questions about enrolling your child or any tribal enrollment issues please come by the office for a visit or call the office at (928) 669-1240. Our staff is here to assist in any way we can and inform you of what is needed. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.