26600 Mohave Road, Parker, AZ, 85344
(928) 669-1236 Fax
|As of this date, CRIT's
is 4,566 members
Enrollment Officer: Rochelle Booth,
Enrollment Committee Members:
Assistant Enrollment Officer: Nikari Nez,
Enrollment Secretary: Jessica
Rosemary Little, Chairperson (Mohave)
Ferdina Barrackman, Mohave Representative
Agresta Hunter, Hopi Representative
Vacamt, Hopi Alternate
Mary McCabe, Navajo Representative
Vacant, Navajo Alternate
Nora Vasquez, Chemehuevi Representative
LaWanda Laffoon, Chemehuevi Alternate
The Enrollment Office makes continued efforts to update current tribal membership
records. It is very important that each Tribal Member's file records are
accurate and up to date. Please notify the Enrollment office of any changes in your address, phone number, or name change due to marriage or divorce.
If you or someone in your family is pregnant or has recently had a baby, please notify our office to begin the enrollment process. Due to the many changes being implemented in the various tribal and government programs it is very important that tribal membership be established for your newborn to protect their right of eligibility for services within our government.
Each year children are born to parents who are unmarried. Like all children, those born to unmarried parents deserve to know their identity or culture. If you are not married, even though the father's name is stated on the birth certificate you must present a court document establishing paternity. It is very important to your child that the father's Indian blood be documented so that your child and they're children are eligible for future membership. You may seek assistance with the Colorado River Indian Tribes Legal Aid Department in establishing paternity through the Tribal Courts at (928) 669-1268.
Applications for Enrollment can be obtained by calling the Enrollment Department, requesting in writing at the address
above, or downloaded below. All questions on the application must be completed in it's entirety.
Application for Enrollment (Click here for application)
Documents required are:
All applications are submitted to the Enrollment Committee for review on a quarterly basis. Quarterly meetings are held the last week of March, June, September, December. Special meetings are scheduled as required.
- ORIGINAL STATE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE: The applicant's certified birth certificate must be submitted to the Enrollment Office. NOTE: Hospital live birth certificates, Baptism certificates, notarized affidavits and copies of birth certificates will not be processed without the applicant's original state certified birth certificate.
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS: An original social security card is required.
- MARRIAGE LICENSE: A copy of a marriage license is required if parent's were married prior to the birth of the child.
- COURT DOCUMENT OF PATERNITY: A court document establishing paternity will be required if the parent's were not legally married prior to the birth of the child.
- CERTIFICATE OF INDIAN BLOOD (CIB): A Certificate of Indian Blood is required if one of the parent's of the applicant is enrolled in a federally recognized tribe other than the Colorado River Indian Tribes. This is to ensure all Indian blood is calculated towards applicant's total Indian blood quantum.
Tribal Enrollment is responsible for all aspects of membership, from maintaining records of tribal members, enrolling new members, updating addressess and issuing membership cards, vehicle exemptions, family and ancestral research, Certifications of Indian Bloods for our tribal members.
Feel free to visit the office or call us with any questions regarding enrolling your child or any tribal enrollment issues.